The SEEK Program Transfer Division is closed for Spring 2023.
Am I eligible for SEEK?
If you participated in SEEK/College Discovery/EOP/HEOP, you are eligible to apply to SEEK as a part of your transfer application.
Unfortunately, ASAP is not an opportunity program. If you were an ASAP student and would like to know more about which support services are available to you, please click here.
In order for us to consider your application to join the Baruch College SEEK Program, we must first receive a completed copy of the Special Programs Transfer Request Form.
Your current/former counselor may upload the completed Special Programs Transfer Request Form here.
We will review the application upon your acceptance to Baruch College .
Please keep in mind that we are unable to guarantee acceptance to all applicants due to space limitations.
Please send all questions to SEEK-Transfer@baruch.cuny.edu
Transferring from one school to another can be difficult and intimidating – all over again. You must adjust to a new environment and community. However, because you are transferring from another special program to SEEK, you will find that there are many resources to help the process run smoothly. The SEEK Transfer Division is dedicated to making the transition from your previous college to Baruch as smooth as possible.
Please consider the steps below as you begin the transfer process. Be advised that this list highlights the basic procedures and is not all-inclusive. Your school may have special transfer requirements.
- Complete the online CUNY transfer application
- In order for us to consider your application to join the Baruch College SEEK Program, we must first receive a completed copy of the Special Programs Transfer Request Form. Your current/former counselor may upload the completed Special Programs Transfer Request Form here.
- Visit the Baruch Transfer Page for more information on the transfer process
- Complete the online financial aid application at www.FAFSA.com with Baruch code: 0007273
- Complete the Tuition Assistance Program (TAP) application at www.HESC.com with Baruch code: 1409
SEEK Services and Mandates
- All SEEK students are required to maintain full-time status
- SEEK transfer benefits include but are not limited to counseling, two extra semesters of TAP, and SEEK academic support
- All SEEK transfers will be required to attend the SEEK Transfer Orientation. This is a separate event from the general Baruch orientation, and will introduce you to the SEEK staff, the SEEK requirements, and the resources available on campus.
- All SEEK students will be enrolled in the mandatory Transfer Seminar which runs for the first five weeks of the semester
- For an overview of the credit evaluation process, go here.
- Credits are only accepted for courses taken at institutions that are recognized by one of the regional accrediting commissions.
- If you are transferring from a CUNY two-year school (College Discovery Program), your degree must be on file on CUNY FIRST by the beginning of the term.
- Transfer Student Orientation: All new transfer students must attend the Baruch College orientation in order to register for courses. To find out more about the Transfer Student Orientation click here.
- Students interested in transferring to Baruch to pursue a Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) degree in the Zicklin School of Business click here.