After Orientation: Transfer Student Next Steps
Covid-19 Update: Due to the Covid-19 outbreak all Orientation programs for the entering class of Fall 2020 will be held online. Visit CUNY’s Coronavirus site for up to date information on CUNY’s response to Covid-19. Visit Baruch’s Covid-19 Updates for Baruch’s plans for continuity and resources for students.
Course Registration: After completing the online orientation program incoming transfer students use CUNYfirst to register for classes on their own.
Need More Help? Use our online FAQ, join us for a Bearcat Chat, or make an appointment with an Academic Advisor if you need further assistance.
Transfer Student Next Steps Following Orientation
View and pay your bill online. Once campus reopens plan to stop by the ID Center to pick up your student ID card.
Due to Covid 19 all orientation programs will be virtual/on-line. All staff members are currently working remotely. Please send your questions to Orientation@baruch.cuny.edu or reach the Admissions staff at New.Transfer@baruch.cuny.edu.
Register for Classes
Incoming transfer students will register for classes on their Orientation day. Once registered for your first semester at Baruch, please read these important reminders.
Complete Your Course Registration
- Use your Program Planning Sheet and DegreeWorks Audit to review the curriculum.
- Need help with CUNYfirst? Click here.
- Review the Academic Calendar to view refund and registration deadlines. Remember, failure to officially drop your classes will result in assessed enrollment fees (i.e., tuition) for which you are responsible for, as well as any failing grades on your transcript.
- Finalize your Transfer Credit Evaluation. For more information about transfer credit evaluation at Baruch click here.
View Your Bill & Make Payments
- View your bill in CUNYfirst, visit here for instructions on accessing CUNYfirst.
- How to make online payments.
- Log-in to the CUNYfirst Self Service and go to your Student Center. Go to Finances and select Pay Bill or Enroll/Manage Payment Plan.
Pick Up Your New Student ID Card
Your ID card picture will be taken at Orientation. Follow these simple steps to pick up your new ID before the first day of class:
- Register for classes (done at Orientation and at home)
- Pay your bill on CUNYfirst
- Print the CUNYfirst screen that shows a zero balance on your Baruch account
- Bring your print-out to the ID Card Center, located in room 133 on the first floor of the Library Building.
If your financial aid is listed as “anticipated aid,” print out the information from your CUNYfirst account.
Meeting with an Academic Advisor After Orientation
- Visit our meet with an academic advisor page to plan your visit.
- Bring your Program Planning Sheet from your Orientation day for walk in advisement.
Frequently Asked Questions
Please visit our FAQ page for further information.