SEVIS I-20 Process
In order to apply for or maintain your F-1 student visa, you must receive a SEVIS I-20 from the school which you want to attend. Prospective Baruch College students will be asked for the following documents in order to receive the SEVIS I-20:
Guidelines for Obtaining a SEVIS I-20
In order to issue the SEVIS I-20 we need a copy of the identification page in your valid passport and a completed Confidential Declaration of Finance Form .
Along with the CDF, please provide the following original documents, translated to English, and not older than 3 months. Except where noted below, faxes and photocopies will not be accepted.
If you are supporting yourself, submit
- Bank statement in your name, which states the date the account was opened, current balance, average deposits and average balances. The bank statement must be an official bank statement on letterhead stationery.
- Proof of income such as a property estimate issued by a certified accountant, certificates of bonds or stocks (copies and faxes are acceptable.
If you cannot provide any of the above proof of income documentation, your bank statement must show sufficient funds for all the years you will be attending Baruch College.
If you are receiving cash support from an individual or company, submit
- Affidavit of financial support completed by each individual sponsor. This letter must state how much money your sponsor will provide and the length of time for this support.
- Bank statement in the name of the sponsor, which states the date the account was opened, current balance, average deposits, and average balances. The bank statement must be an official bank statement on letterhead stationery. If the account is in the name of more than one person, each individual must submit a separate affidavit of support.
If the sponsor is an individual, proof of income is required
- Employment verification on letterhead stationery. This document has to include salary (per month or per year) and the currency. If the sponsor is self-employed, an income estimate must be prepared by a bank or private accountant.
- The most recent income tax documentation (W2 for US citizens). Copies and faxes are acceptable.
- Property estimate issued by a certified accountant.
- Certificate of bonds or stocks. Copies and faxes are acceptable.
If the sponsor is a company, proof of income is required
- The most recent “profit and loss statement” for the company. Copies and faxes are acceptable.
If you are receiving free room and board, submit
- Affidavit of free room and board
- Photocopy of lease, rent receipts, or deed