SEVIS I-20 ESL
ESL & CAPS GUIDELINES FOR OBTAINING A SEVIS FORM I-20
In order to issue a SEVIS Form I-20 the following supportive documentations are required:
- Admission to the ESL Program is for a period of two academic years ($42,450.00), unless otherwise indicated ($21,225.00 for one year)
- CABPS program is for a period of eleven months ($19,845.00).
FOR INITIAL ATTENDANCE
1. CONFIDENTIAL DECLARATION AND CERTIFICATE OF FINANCE FORM (CDF)
Along with this completed form please provide us with the following original documents, translated to English, not older than 3 months:
If you are supporting yourself:
- BANK STATEMENT in your name, which states the date the account was opened, current balance, average deposits and average balances with exact figures for the complete program:
- ESL Program: 2 years $42,450.00 / 1 year $21,225.00
- CABPS Program: 11 Month Certificate Program $19,845.00
If you are receiving cash support
from an individual or company:
- NOTARIZED AFFIDAVIT OF FINANCIAL SUPPORT completed by each individual sponsor.
- BANK STATEMENT in the name of the sponsor, which states the date the account was opened, current balance, average deposits and average balances in exact figures. If the account is in the name of more than one person, each individual must submit a separate affidavit of support
- PROOF OF CONTINUED SUPPORT
If the sponsor is individual, any
one of the following:
- Verification of employment on letterhead stationary. If self-employed- income estimate by a bank or private accountant
- The most recent income tax documentation (for US citizens W2)
- Property estimate issued by the certified accountant
- Certificate of bonds or stocks
If the sponsor is a Company:
- The most recent “profit and loss statement” for the company.
If you are receiving free room and board:
- NOTARIZED AFFIDAVIT FOR FREE ROOM ANDBOARD
- PHOTOCOPY OF LEASE, DEED OR RENTRECEIPTS (four consecutive ones)
2. COPY OF YOUR VALID PASSPORT (IDENTIFICATION PAGE)
If You Are A Transfer Student You Must Also Provide The Following:
3. TRANSFER ENROLLMENT STATUS FORM
The International Student Advisor at the school from which you are transferring must complete this form.
4. COPIES OF ALL YOUR PREVIOUS I-20S
5. COPY OF YOUR ORIGINAL I-94 CARD
ESL students, please be aware that you may need to show additional educational expenses (more than one year) based on which level you are placed.
Upon receipt of the above-mentioned documents, your SEVIS Form I-20 will be processed once your previous school has released your records to us. Please note that a SEVIS Form I-20 may not be issued prior to the Release Date on the Transfer Enrollment Status Form and NOT until the designated official from your previous school releases your records from the SEVIS System.
Once you have your SEVIS I-20, be sure to register FULL TIME (i.e.18 hours/wk). This will complete your SEVIS requirements.