Check Out Our (New)sletter!
We have revamped our monthly newsletter to meet staff needs during distance learning and remote work. Missed an issue? Click the links below and catch up!
Find older issues here:
Staying Connected as a Division
We are proud to announce the launch of our community connection site!
In an effort to build strong community during quarantine and beyond, we have created a divisional site for people to share ideas, tips, and simply connect.
Visit EMSAI Community Connections and add some comments! Post your favorite recipe or TV show recommendation. Show off your home office space. Have fun with it!
November 13 & 14, 2019
Innovation Lab is an exciting creative problem solving event designed for the staff of Enrollment Management. Participants will formulate teams to address very real challenges facing departments in our division. Teams will have 24-hours to develop a potential solution to the issue. The 2016 Innovation Lab resulted in improved communication means for newly enrolled international students. We look forward to the results this year! Click here to sign up! Questions? Contact Alkida.Shtembari at Alkida.Shtembari@baruch.cuny.edu.
TED Talk Tuesdays
TED Talk Tuesdays were developed as a creative way to build community and learn collectively. The sessions are an opportunity to join your peers in viewing inspiring, innovate, thoughtful and sometimes just simply funny TED talks; to connect with your colleagues and decompress.
Bring your lunch and come ready to chat! Please feel free to share this with those who may be interested.
Here are some previous selections:
- Inside the mind of a master procrastinator with Tim Urban
- The secret to better work with Shawn Achor
- How boredom can lead to your most brilliant ideas with Manoush Zomorodi
What a great start to 2019! We were delighted to showcase the enthusiasm and expertise of our colleagues. Below find the slides and resources available from our presentations.
- 5 Minute Inspiration by Tom Rainey
- Emotional Bank Account by Betty Duverger
- Excel-lence by Rob Kunicki
- Individuality by Keith Geraldino
- Mindfulness by Sylvia Lindley Darlington
- Quality Service Slides by Esaline Jarvis, Kristin Pedicone and Maria Curmi
- CUNYFirst Service Indicators by Alkida Shtembari and LaTonia Sanders
- Work Hacks by Teresa Liu
- Staying Fit in the Office by Dajuan Walker
- Putting Students First by Debra Phillip
2018 Fall Town Hall
Our division believes sharing information is vital for our continued development and growth. Below are materials discussed and distributed at our November 12, 2018 event.
- Identifying Students In Crisis
- Mindful Check-In
- Trauma-Informed Care
- Campus Intervention Team (CIT)
EMSAI Retreat 2018
Thank you for making our divisional retreat a success! Our presenters have been kind enough to share their slide decks allowing us to strategically implement things we learned. Feel free to download and connect with your colleagues on what you learned at the event.
- Baruch Keynote
- Managing Up-Down-Around
- Retirement Planning
- Effective Communication Skills
- Strengths Presentation
- Achieving Your Leadership Potential
For more information on professional development opportunities within the Division of Enrollment Management & Strategic Academic Initiatives please contact Natalie Velasquez at Natalie.Velasquez@baruch.cuny.edu.